Am I allowed to consume marijuana at any of the parks in Colorado?
No, public consumption is prohibited on public property, and is specifically illegal on federal property such as national parks. For more details on what is considered illegal by the U.S. Federal government, please see the Cole Memo.
What do I need to do for my Colorado Medical Registry (Red) Card?
Please make sure to follow these steps completely, as any mistake on your form could lead to waiting for months for your card. Download the Application for Colorado Registry Card and complete as follows:
- You must be an established resident of Colorado, and will be required to show proof of identity and Colorado residency when submitting this application. Page 2 of the Application provides details on the forms needed to prove Colorado residency for the CDPHE.
- Visit any doctor who performs medical marijuana evaluations and have them complete the “Physician Certification” portion of the application. Most medical marijuana doctors will already carry all the forms you need to submit, and many will even notarize your application during your visit. Do NOT cross out any information on your application, as this will delay the processing of your application.
- Complete the “Application for Registration Card,” then sign and date it in front of a Notary of Colorado. If you choose to designate Sticky Buds as your Medical Marijuana Center in section C, you’ll receive our member pricing and benefits during your First visit to one of our three dispensaries! The information you need for that section:
2262 South Broadway
Denver, CO 80210
Phone: (303) 282-0200
- Make a copy of your proof of identity and Colorado residency.
- Mail all required documents (Physician Certification, Application for Registry Card, Proof of Identity and CO Residency) and a $35 check or money order (include the patients last name and last four digits of SSN on the check or money order) via certified mail to:
4300 Cherry Creek Drive South
Denver, CO 80246-1530
You are able to shop at any Colorado medical marijuana center after the CDPHE has received your paperwork and it is within 35 days of the date on your certified mail receipt.
I am a medical patient in one of the (23) states where medical is legal: Can I purchase medical marijuana in Colorado?
As of today, Colorado does not yet have a reciprocity status with other states. However, we are happy to meet your needs with our recreational products at all three of our Denver dispensaries.
Are there any additional prohibitions on the usage or display of marijuana in Denver?
It is illegal to consume, use, display, transfer, distribute, sell or grow retail marijuana at or within any park, parkway, mountain park (including Red Rocks) or other recreational facility, on any city-owned property (including streets and sidewalks) within 1,000 feet of a public or private elementary, middle, junior high or high school and on the 16th Street Mall (including any city street or sidewalk one block in either direction from the mall). Additionally, DIA prohibits possession, use, display and transfer of all marijuana on its property.
Do Denver’s laws apply to other cities and counties in Colorado?
Denver ordinances only apply within the City and County of Denver. Please go to each city or county’s website to determine specific marijuana sale and consumption laws.
Can I consume marijuana inside a smoke-friendly hotel room or on a hotel balcony?
It is up to each hotel if they choose to allow marijuana smoke to be consumed in their smoking rooms (the “Colorado Clean Indoor Air Act” limits all smoking to at most 25 percent of rooms). Make sure to ask the hotel if they allow it. Denver city laws prohibit marijuana consumption on hotel balconies if visible from any public place.
Can I consume marijuana in a taxi, limousine, or other privately rented transportation in Denver?
No, it is illegal to consume marijuana in a taxi, limousine, or any form of government-operated mass transit system or vehicle whatsoever.
Is there anything similar to a DUI for driving while under the influence of marijuana?
Yes, because it is illegal to consume marijuana and drive, the state has determined that anyone with 5 nanograms or more of THC per milliliter in whole blood while driving can be arrested for a DUI. Consequences are entirely dependent on the situation and the driver, and can include fines, jail time, and a revoked license.
Can I have marijuana in my car?
Yes, you can carry marijuana in a car, but it may not be in an open container and cannot cross state borders. It is illegal to use or consume marijuana in a motor vehicle and it is illegal to drive under the influence of marijuana.
What are the consequences if I violate Colorado’s marijuana laws?
Penalties range from a fine to incarceration, depending on the crime and severity. Check out the Colorado State Statutes and Denver Revised Municipal Code for more detailed information.
How much marijuana can I purchase at one time?
Colorado residents, 21 and older, can purchase and possess up to 1 ounce of marijuana at a time.
Non-residents can purchase up to 1/4th of an ounce at a time, with a total of 1 ounce in their possession at any time.
How much marijuana can I possess while in Colorado?
Any adult, 21 and older, is allowed to possess up to 1 ounce of retail marijuana.
Can I consume marijuana in public?
No, it is illegal to consume marijuana in public.
Where can marijuana products be consumed?
Marijuana is intended for private, personal use. Marijuana consumption is only legal when not out in the open or accessible to the public.
What is the difference between Medical and Recreational marijuana?
A recreational customer can purchase specific recreational marijuana products, whereas Colorado residents with a doctor-prescribed and state-issued medical card (“Red Card”) can purchase higher potency, medical-strength marijuana products at our dispensary.
Who can buy marijuana products in Colorado?
Anyone 21 or older with a valid State ID can shop at our stores. We serve both recreational and medical customers at both of our Denver dispensary locations:
2262 South Broadway
Denver, CO 80210
4615 East Colfax Ave
Denver, CO 80220
Can I consume marijuana on public transportation (buses, light rail, etc) in Denver?
No, it is illegal to consume marijuana in public, including public transportation.
Can I take marijuana through airport security or travel out of state with marijuana?
No, it is illegal to transport marijuana into an airport or across state lines under any circumstances.